Monday, June 22, 2009

Starting the object paper

I currently have five pages double-spaced of my object paper due on Friday. Granted, that is all just description, so I actually have to research and analyze for the rest of the paper, but at least I've started. It feels good. This morning we talked about the weekend activities and guiding, then we finished our Ashley House study and went into the Sheldon House. It was a lot faster than the others have been. Hopefully we can get through the rest of the houses that quickly. I would really like to get to the rest of the houses soon. This afternoon, I got to study my second sampler and work on my paper. These are the two samplers that I am studying:




For supper, we went to Greenfield and ate at a Greek restaurant. It was pretty good. It actually was just a larger gyro than I would have gotten at Knox. The fries were really good. There isn't much going on at the moment. Tomorrow afternoon I get to shadow at the Wells-Thorn House and I think I'm going to ask to give a tour after listening to the first few. I think I'm ready for that house. It must be my ability to quote movies, because I'm pretty sure I am able to give the tour of the two rooms open at the craft show because I heard the guides give it so much. We'll see what happens...Since there isn't anything else to say, I'm going to post some pictures from the exhibits open at the Flynt Center. I should be able to caption most of them pretty well.


These are images from the textile gallery. There are four sections: silk, cotton, linen, and wool. Each section has a doll on the stand with fabric samples, so visitors can feel the fabric without being so tempted to feel the artifacts. The material on the walls behind each of the dolls are samples of the materials on display. It's really, really cool. I thought that was a great design choice.









These are more images from the textile gallery.
Here is a beautiful silk embroidery that I wish I could do...

This a child's corset...

Okay, so I think I have procrastinated from my homework long enough. Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Margaret, has anyone ever told you you are an over-achiever? Oh yeah, I have. But, no worries, that's not a bad thing. Congratulations on having five pages of your paper done!
    Nice pictures! Wow! Was everyone in Deerfield that tiny? Ha ha, just kidding, I read your caption about the dolls, and I also think it was a good design choice. It is also neat to see the samplers you're examining. Can I read your paper, when it's done? I'm actually quite curious.
    Good luck working on/finishing the paper!

    ReplyDelete