Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Craft Show

Today seems like a waste of a day, but it was enjoyable considering. I slept in until 10:30, ate, and then went to walk around the craft show while I waited for my shift at the Historic Deerfield information table. The show was nice, but not as impressive as I was expecting. I mean, I'm in New England, right; I figured there would be this extensive material crafts, but there was more jewelry, wooden arts, doll clothing, of course, and lots of food. I went around a collected business cards, which is good. Much of the jewelry was really pretty, but I don't want to buy it now. Fortunately, most of the jewelry exhibitors have websites, so I should be able to order something if I wanted. The only things I ended up buying were three dessert mixes. Okay, so there was this table with dip mixes and cheesecake mixes. There were samples! So GOOD! She also has a website and ships, so I will definitely have to buy more for my apartment next year. One of the girls and I went around and tried all the free samples. There was homemade ice cream, fudge, those dips, and cookies. We are cheap scavengers, but it works for us. I was going to take pictures of the town today, but because of the random sprinkles and overcast, I will have to postpone again. Someday you all will see what Deerfield looks like. But that day is not today. I am going to continue researching my samplers, especially since the paper is due on Friday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment