Monday, June 29, 2009

A Day Off...Incredible!

Today was amazing! We had a very light load this morning. One of the educators took us on a Native American history walking tour. It was really nice this morning, despite the overcast. At least it didn't rain. We walked around and saw the ridge and Sugarloaf Mountain (which we will be going to at some point and I will take pictures). Afterwards, we met with a woman from the PVMA Memorial Hall museum and she talked to us about the Native American and Deerfield Raid of 1704 exhibits. Our morning actitivites ended by 11:30, which is much earlier than normal. There was also a group from York, Maine, who we hosted for lunch. They have a summer fellowship program as well, but three of their four fellows were grad-students, and their summer focuses more on guiding than anything else.

Well, the lunch didn't end until 2:30, so Josh gave us the rest of the day off, instead of shadowing the guides for a new house. Therefore, we decided to go to a swimming hole in the Deerfield River. We tried to find one, but it wasn't what we were expecting, so we found another. It was SO MUCH FUN! The water was so cold, but after a while you get used to it. I actually enjoyed myself and swam around a little bit. I also felt the current, which was cool, so long as I stayed close to shore. Tonight for supper we went to Amherst, home of U-Mass and Amherst College. Another college town and fun things to do. We ate at Amherst Brewery, a pub and restaurant. The food was pretty good. Then we walked around, stopped in a few shops, and went to Target. It actually felt like summer today - the weather, the friends, and the activities. Today was a great day! I have some reading to do for tomorrow, so I will write later!

1 comment:

  1. Can't say as I've ever swam in an official swimming hole. Sounds like a fun experience. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And I'm glad you are growing close enough to your fellow fellows to call them friends.

    ReplyDelete