Thursday, July 2, 2009

Seminar and Library Research

This morning we met with the staff photographer to discuss her responsibilities at Historic Deerfield. Did you know that there are pictures of Historic Deerfield objects in Felicity, the American Girl book? There are all sorts of publications that have used images from Deerfield, which is exciting to see. Afterwards, we talked about our field trip yesterday and some of the readings we completed earlier in the week. I won't bore you with more details.

Since it is a three-day weekend, two people went home today, two are having friends over, and the other two are hanging out. It will be nice to have no obligations for three days, though. I'm excited. Since our tutor won't be here this weekend either, I spent the afternoon researching instead of shadowing the guide at Williams. I got through the first folder of courtship letters, have two more to go, and I have to figure out an approach. I checked out some papers from past fellows about courtship, so I'll read those this weekend to get a sense of things I could do. Tonight I am totally just going to relax. It will be great. Watch a few movies, go to bed early; I know it doesn't take much to make me happy, but that works for me.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice night to me. Enjoy. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I melted a little bit at the words "met with the staff photographer." Although it is not a personal ambition to have my photos published in an American Girl book, I think I would have enjoyed that meeting.

    And, in terms of the rest, I'm with Karin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I did it! I got caught up on your blog in a single day! With all the post you write, that is no small accomplishment! And I commented on every single post you wrote during the time I was out-of-town! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete